Getting started self-publishing
Hi, I’m Anthony Puttee. I’m the founder of Book Cover Cafe. If you’re a new fish entering the publishing ocean, this page is for you! It contains the information you need to get you up and running on your self-publishing journey.
First, we avoid the pitfalls
In the world today, there are several ways to self-publish your book. Technology and change has brought new opportunities for writers to build brands and sell books, but now writers and authors are more confused than ever about how to get a book published.
Not only that, there are countless horror stories of authors being ripped off by vanity self publishing companies that cost the earth and deliver a poor quality book product that doesn’t sell. We’ve helped many authors get back on track, after dealing with one of these companies and I want you to avoid this situation all together and get started on the right track.
You’re reading this because you want to avoid all that, and you can, starting now.
The Self-publish using the Independent Publishing Method
Every day at Book Cover Cafe we help authors self-publish using the Independent Publishing Method,. This method allows authors to take advantage of having true flexibility, all the profit, complete control and creativity on how to prepare, produce and publish a quality book to readers around the world, by becoming the author and publisher in one.
There’s no need to hand over control and the profit to a third-party publishing company.
Here’s the big picture view.
This picture helps provide the overall process of how to self-publish your book using this method, so you get a quick picture what you’re aiming for. We help authors with the whole process.
The benefits of the Independent Publishing Method are:
- YOU maintain creative control on how your book looks
- YOU keep the profit, without any other middle men dipping their hands in your pocket
- YOU can choose the price of your books and the flexibility to change them at will
- YOU can print books for yourself or have them distributed for you, your way
- YOU’LL have the flexibility to implement new methods of promotion without anyone holding you back
- YOU can control how to build your author brand and build a loyal fan base.
It’s time to take action!
Below you’ll find 3 resources to help you get underway.
1. Free Self-publishing course — Self-publishing Simplified
Go from a draft to a published book
Keep 100% royalties – No contracts – Complete creative control – Print & distribution
This free publishing course will show you how to complete your manuscript, avoid costly mistakes others have made and the self-publishing method bestselling authors are using today.
In this free self-publishing course you will learn:
- the self-publishing method I’ve taught to thousands of authors who have become bestsellers, appear on TV and work with some of the country’s largest organisations
- get templates you can copy and paste into your manuscript to complete your book ready for publishing
- learn which method of self-publishing is right for you (tip: successful authors use #3)
- to eliminate confusion and avoid the traps and mistakes that can end your publishing journey before it begins
- hear from an author who started from nothing, to selling books to some of the largest organisations in the country
- what you need to know about book production such as book cover design, print typesetting, e-books, editing and ISBNs
- how much does it cost to self-publish a book
- how to take your manuscript from draft form to a published book
2. The Blog
The Book Cover Cafe blog is updated regularly with helpful tips, best practices, news and announcements. The blog continues to be a valuable resource for our clients and many writers and authors over the years. When you download your free guide above, you’ll also get notifications on the recent blog so you don’t miss out.
3. Get in touch
We are here to help. Think of us like your own publishing ninja team, ready to help you make your publishing dream a reality. If you have any questions or need assistance with creating your book, click here to get in touch.